Are you looking for a unique and whimsical theme for an upcoming baby shower, bridal shower, or birthday party? Go up, up, and away with a colorful hot air balloon theme… complete with this DIY centerpiece idea! Make one for every table at your party, creating a fairytale-like atmosphere.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Glass Jar
• Rocks, Gems, or Wrapped Candies
• Wooden Skewers
• Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
• Hot Glue Sticks
• Paper Lanterns
• LED Tealight Candles
• Ribbon or String
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
• Fill a glass jar full of rocks, gems, candies, or filler of your choice to match your theme.
• Insert 3-4 wooden skewers into the filler to help anchor them in place.
• Use hot glue to secure the skewers to the bottom of the paper lantern as shown. Hold them in place for one minute each or until the glue has set.
• Wrap the rim of the jar in ribbon or string, and tie a bow.
• Decorate the paper lantern with any additional string, ribbon, or embellishments as desired to best match your décor.
• Insert an LED tealight candle inside of the jar on top of the filler. Turn the candle on when you’re ready to party!